Laser Wart Removal
Look Young Atlanta helps get rid of warts for good!
We use laser therapy to destroy tiny blood vessels feeding the wart. Targeting the vascular component speeds up destruction of even the most resistant warts.
Laser treatment targets the source of wart problems.
The laser coagulates vessels within the wart, and separates them from healthy vessels, without creating an open wound. Combining the heat of the laser treatment with the lack of blood flow causes the wart to dry up. We also recommend applying a salicylic acid gel, or prescription-strength topical antiviral cream, to help speed up the drying process.
A typical laser treatment session lasts from 5 to 30 minutes.
Treatments include fingers, finger nails, face and feet. Immediately after laser exposure, the treated area turns a bit bluish and swells slightly. Over the next several days the area will heal and skin texture will start to normalize.
Most warts are permanently removed after one treatment.
We recommend combining laser treatments with topical solutions for effective, speedy results. Even if you do need more than one laser wart removal treatment two sessions are usually adequate. Only about 20% of warts need a second treatment and less than 10% will need a third treatment.
What are warts anyway?
Warts are non-cancerous growths that start as a smooth, flesh-colored papule and can evolve into larger dome-shaped, discolored, thickened growths. They are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Usually the growths are skin-colored, painful and rough to the touch.
Laser Wart Removal Patient Guide
Laser Genesis is safe and effective for treatment of warts. Our Cutera laser will direct infrared light into the dermis below the skin, to target the vascular component of the wart.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Skin should be clean and product free for your treatment.
- Most laser genesis treatments for warts take between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Treatment duration varies based on the size of the area you are having treated.
- You will feel a warm pulse on your skin.
- Let the technician know if you experience discomfort.
What to expect afterwards
- Immediate cooling of the treated area will help with any discomfort.
- You may apply an ointment of your choice and a nonstick dressing if desired for comfort.
- Warts usually have a black or crusty appearance within 24 hours after treatment, and they usually slough off in 1-4 weeks.
- Deep tissue injury and prolonged wound healing may occur.
- Treat any blisters as an open wound, and apply an ointment of your choice accordingly.
- More than one treatment may be necessary.
- Multiple treatments should be scheduled 3-4 weeks apart.
Laser Wart Removal Pricing at Look Young Atlanta:
- Treatments start at: $90
Habla Espanol? We speak Spanish.
Don’t speak English? No problemo! Email Us and we will contact you to discuss our treatments in Spanish.
Looking and feeling younger is just a phone call away.
Patients visit our clinic from across Atlanta:
We offer our facial services and med spa treatments to our patients in Buckhead, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Midtown, Downtown, Sandy Springs, Inman Park, Dunwoody, Virginia Highlands, Druid Hills, Ansley Park, Decatur, Brookhaven, Vinings, Roswell, these zipcodes and many more:
30309 | 30306 | 30305 | 30307 | 30308 | 30303 | 30324 | 30329 | 30327 | 30314