Laser Vein Removal FAQ’s
Laser Vein Removal Questions:
- What is it and how can it help me?
- How does it work?
- What types of veins can laser therapy treat?
- How many treatments will I need?
- Do the treatments hurt?
- What are the possible side effects of laser vein removal treatment?
- When will I see results?
- What do I do after treatment?
What is it and how can it help me?
- Look Young Atlanta can eliminate or reduce visibility of veins on any part of your body. Laser vein therapy is a safe and quick way to effectively eliminate tiny spider veins or deep blue varicose veins. The Cutera CoolGlide Laser exhibits an ideal wavelength and flexible parameters to deliver superior results with minimal discomfort. The long wavelength makes this laser ideal for treating a variety of vein conditions for patients with Skin types I-IV.
- Spider Veins
- Varicose Veins
- Facial Veins
- Patches of veins
How does it work?
- The laser delivers pulses of light energy through the skin. This pulsed energy causes blood within the visible veins to coagulate. Once blood flow is completely redirected deeper below the skin surface veins are no longer visible.
What types of veins can laser therapy treat?
- Laser vein therapy can eliminate a wide range of unsightly veins from all parts of the body.
How many treatments will I need?
- Most patients need only one or two treatments to eliminate vein visibility. If you are considering laser vein removal for small facial veins one treatment will likely produce desired results. Larger patches of veins may require several treatments over a few months. Improvement per treatment varies based on vein size, color and skin type.
Do the treatments hurt?
- Most patients only experience a mild stinging sensation as the pulse of light is delivered to the skin. Patients do not need oral pain medication or sedation, but Look Young Atlanta will use topical anesthetic during treatment sessions as needed.
What are the possible side effects of laser vein removal treatment?
- Although most patients report no side effects, the most common side effect is localized redness and swelling in the first 24 hours after a treatment session. In rare instances bruising and/or blistering may occur.
When will I see results?
- Some patients notice significant improvement immediately. More extreme cases can take two to six weeks see results. Results will continue to take shape for several months after laser vein treatment. Over time new veins may appear, but treatments may be repeated as needed. Sometimes the treated area will appear bruised within a few weeks following treatment and then it will fade as it coagulates with veins under the skin.
What precautions should I take after treatment?
- Refrain from strenuous activity for 3 – 5 days, and avoid tanning for about a week. For best results use compression hose, ace bandage or form fitting shape wear for 3 days following treatment. Be sure to use extra sunscreen, especially on facial vein treatments, since the affected area will be more sensitive to sunlight.
To learn more check out our spider vein and varicose vein reference information.
Looking and feeling younger is just a phone call away.
Patients visit our clinic from across Atlanta:
We offer laser vein removal and vein treatments to our patients in Buckhead, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Midtown, Downtown, Sandy Springs, Inman Park, Dunwoody, Virginia Highlands, Druid Hills, Ansley Park, Decatur, Brookhaven, Vinings, Roswell, these zipcodes and many more:
30309 | 30306 | 30305 | 30307 | 30308 | 30303 | 30324 | 30329 | 30327 | 30314